Thursday, April 5, 2012

My frustrations with FIFA Street

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FIFA Street and think it's a well done game. However, the online has become overly frustrating. First of all, my team is now rated 95 despite only just unlocking Stage 3 of World Tour. This means that it's difficult to get a game as people back out. THEN you have to wait while people set up squads because it isn't possible to do so in any prior menu.

And then finally, you get into the game only to find that people are playing as if it's FIFA 12. I can count on on hand the number of skill moves that I have seen attempted by my opponents in-game. Instead, they run down the wing and pass across in the hope that my defence hasn't tracked (which it often doesn't - thanks A.I.!) or my keeper fluffs it (which he often does).

I try for a little bit of style and entertainment, but without fouls in most game modes there is no punishment for simply steamrolling a player with the ball. So in the end, the person who keeps it basic and doesn't try anything can often get the win. The solution seems simple: put Panna as an online playable mode. The problem then is that FIFA Street occasionally awards beats that simply aren't there or misses clear beats.

From here on out, the only way I'll be playing FIFA Street Online is as part of the FIFA Street Adventures. It's less frustrating and at least Jonathan and I can have a bit of banter or joke about the fact that every opponent plays in the same way.

The expression goes, "don't hate the player, hate the game". However, in this instance I think I'm well within my rights to hate the online player. Don't want to entertain? Go back to FIFA 12 where you belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment