Saturday, March 12, 2011

You win some, you lose some

Or in my case, you win half! Starcraft 2 win-loss ratio is at 50% at the current time (17wins-17losses). Not a lot of games under the belt but doing alright. Unfortunately, I make a habit of losing at the worst possible times. i.e. when I am favoured. So the 2-4 points I gain from a win, I throw away with interest.

Seem to be loitering with intent around 58th or so in my division. Got that region locked down! Need to start early pushing more though. Waaay too many games lasting until around the 30 minute mark. On the plus side, if I finish quick, I don't have to worry about expanding, which I make a habit of forgetting about until mineral patches start running out.

I have learned that observation is the key. I scout every game, but in some I have started to poke the bear at the front. Up until now, I was under the impression that if I didn't attack, they may leave me alone. Of course, this was never the case...I am playing more reactionary than entering a game with a plan. That is one (other) aspect that I need to work on. I may have a loose plan but once something like three Gateway into Robotics Facility is done, I tend to run short on ideas.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment