Friday, April 22, 2011

BRAAAAAIIIIINNNNSSSS!!!

Who doesn't love a good zombie flick, game or book? Zombies are popular again and one festival looks to take advantage of it. An Outbreak festival is being contemplated. The basic premise is that there will be a Zombie festival or march sometime in October.

I have to say I'm a little excited about this. It's a different way of spending a day and there's going to be a lot of creativity sparking. Now I just have to decide what type of Zombie to be...The idea of Zombie has changed. We had the idea of ambling Zombies, but thanks to pop culture, this has been opened up to a range of possibilities.

My most recent brushes with Zombies, and therefore the greatest influence on my choice, are through The Walking Dead (ambling), Plants vs Zombies and Left4Dead. Left4Dead is summed up nicely with this comic strip:


Thankfully, I have a few months to work on one of those stereotypes for the infected. Gonna have to hit the gym, or hit the fridge! Left4Dead 2 hasn't aided my choice any more. Not small enough for a Jockey, the Charger is a more frequent tank and I'm an untalented spitter (plus, my throat doesn't react well to holding acid in it for too long).

Plants vs Zombies is a tempting choice. I won't fit in with most of the crowd but if a few others can be convinced, it won't matter. To go solo, there's plenty of choice. At the moment, I'm thinking of breaking out the duck ring and maybe a bucket for my head - don't want to go down without a fight. If a team can be arranged, then the only way to go is the Thriller dancing group (I call leader!).



Should be an interesting event and hopefully it gains support. If interested, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment