Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No MK love for XBox?

I have been won over by some fighting games in recent times. Well, primarily Street Fighter. But I am willing to give others a bash. Marvel could have been fun but I got overly frustrated by being kept at full screen by a barrage of gun shots. However, I was looking forward to Mortal Kombat 9. The downside? I am an XBox owner.

It didn't bother me that XBox owners weren't getting an additional character. I'm sure there are enough in game for me to mess around with and learn in greater detail. Add in the tag team approach and you are just adding an extra element of learning.

However, I am slightly bothered by the lack of a demo. I will be getting MK9 tomorrow and jumping into it pretty cold. I would have liked a little time to get to grips with it and mess around with characters or combos. Instead, I will be leaping into combat with a simple jump-kick-sweep approach.

It is too late for a demo now. Full retail will be the way to jump in and learn. At least there is the promise of a good training mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment