Friday, April 8, 2011

Why I'm excited about Portal 2

Portal 2 looking great! Got a chance to try it at the EA showcase. Played first chapter...

Sense of humour is still there (if not ramped up a bit). Personality companion that you meet at the beginning of the game, and who teaches you the basics, is great. Witty, helpful and calm throughout  :)

Those who have played Portal will know what to expect. Manipulate your environment through the use of portals to get somewhere else. Apparently the difficulty has been changed - if you know the solution, you will be able to complete the level. This is because they took a look at STEAM stats and saw that people stopped at the 2nd last level. They just weren't dexterous enough to get through.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done to help me. At least twice, I confused myself only to find that the solution was to walk through the gap in the wall beside me or turn a corner. I'm a special breed of gamer...

Graphics aren't going to blow people away, but when timed so close to the delicious Crysis 2, you're probably best not trying to do all you can do; all would be in vain anyways. The Aperture Science facility has changed since the last outing. Now, there are some outdoor environments. Helps mix things up a little.

GLaDOS is back...and she's glad (*cough*) to see you. You must like testing; she does too...This relationship has to work out right? Right?! Well, she could take care of you Pulp Fiction style but we'll have to wait for release to see what happens.

Portal 2 is going to be excellent. I like that they're trying something new with the co-operative play (though I didn't get to give it a go). Witty, charming and puzzling as ever; Colour me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment